Most keystroke barcode scanners should work with Glofox, however we do recommend the ArkScan barcode scanner which can be purchased via the following links:
If you have already purchased a barcode scanner, a simple test to see if your scanner will work with our system can be carried out
- Open an editor such as Microsoft Word, Notepad, etc.
- Plug your barcode scanner into your computer
- Scan a member's barcode or any barcode of an item which you have close by
- The barcode number should appear on your word editor on screen
- If it appears on screen then your barcode will work with Glofox
Please note :
After scanning a barcode, the cursor on your word editor should move to the next line. If it does not do this, the user manual for you barcode scanner should include information on how to set this up (normally by scanning predefined barcodes included in the user manual). This needs to be set up for your scanner to work with Glofox.