Most keystroke barcode scanners should work with Glofox, however we recommend using the Honeywell Genesis 7580g scanner which can be sourced via our supplier through the following link:
If you have already purchased a barcode scanner, a simple test to see if your scanner will work with our system can be carried out
- Open an editor such as Microsoft Word, Notepad, etc.
- Plug your barcode scanner into your computer
- Scan a member's barcode or any barcode of an item which you have close by
- The barcode number should appear on your word editor on screen
- If it appears on screen then your barcode will work with Glofox
For help with configuring your Honeywell Genesis 7580g scanner please click here.
Please note :
After scanning a barcode, the cursor on your word editor should move to the next line. If it does not do this, the user manual for you barcode scanner should include information on how to set this up (normally by scanning predefined barcodes included in the user manual). This needs to be set up for your scanner to work with Glofox.